First up, good on you considering this support for your wellbeing and quality of life. It takes courage to add this to your tool kit and equip yourself with life long skills.
While matters surrounding covid-safe regulations are sorted, one-on-one consults for psychological therapy are only provided online (Australia-wide).
You can book a psychology session with or without a Mental Health Care Plan and/or private health insurance.
Please be aware that Dr. Celi does not provide psychological services under WorkCover, the TAC or the NDIS.
Please visit the Australian Psychological Society website Find-A-Psychologist service for psychologists registered to provide services with these respective organisations.
Can I get a Medicare rebate for my psychology sessions?
Yes you can.
- as an Australian resident with an Australian Medicare number
- for Telehealth sessions with a Mental Health Care Plan. Further details are below.
- please note, you can only get rebates with either a Mental Health Care Plan OR your private health insurance at any given time, not both.
Who can book in for a session with Dr. Celi?
Men and women are welcome to book in for counselling. Dr. Celi assist adults older than 18 years of age.
- Trauma events, natural disasters, first responders dealing with trauma – early intervention will help you enormously
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders, including perfectionism
- Grief, loss and mourning
- Adjustment difficulties
- Trauma and PTSD
- Self-confidence and self-esteem concerns
- Frustration and anger management
- Assertive communication skills
Dr. Celi does not offer counselling for children or couples, however referrals to relevant mental health professionals can be provided. If any individual client at some stage needs their partner to participate in 1-2 sessions, this will be discussed for your situation.
For those living outside of Australia, you are still welcome to book online sessions with Dr. Celi as a private, full-fee paying client.
How do I book an appointment?
Get the ball rolling with your 45 minute Introductory Session. Schedule your session below.
Further information will be emailed to you once we confirm your first appointment.
Find out more on this page about how Telehealth sessions work.
What is the cost for psychological therapy sessions with Dr. Celi?
Your Introductory session (45 minutes) is $150.
We will review your concerns and how I can be of assistance to you. You are also welcome to clarify any questions about our work together.
Only available for new clients who have not booked with Dr. Celi before.
Rescheduling, non-attendance and/or cancellation within 48 hours of your booked appointment is non-refundable.
What is the payment process for subsequent ongoing sessions?
Payment is made via credit card as we close your session – please come prepared.
How soon can I get my Medicare rebate?
Your Medicare rebate will be processed once full payment for your session has been received. Please note credit card transactions may take 1-3 days to process.
A Medicare rebate of $87.45 is available with a GP or Psychiatrist referral and Mental Health Care Plan for the first 10 sessions per calendar year.
A Medicare rebate of $87.45 is also currently available with a GP or Psychiatrist referral and Mental Health Care Plan:
- For an additional 10 sessions per calendar year (total 20 sessions per year)
- Telehealth (video) services – rebates available until 30 June 2021
- Telehealth covid-additional services – rebates available until 30 June 2021
- Face-to-face covid-additional services – rebates available until 30 June 2022