First up, good on you considering this support for your wellbeing and quality of life. It takes courage to add this to your tool kit and equip yourself with life long skills.
One-on-one consults for psychological therapy are provided both in person (Main Beach clinic) and online (Australia-wide).
You can book a psychology session with or without a Mental Health Care Plan and/or private health insurance.
Can I get a Medicare rebate for my psychology sessions?
Yes you can.
- as an Australian resident with an Australian Medicare number
- for in-person and Telehealth sessions with a Mental Health Care Plan. Further details are below.
- please note, you can only get rebates with either a Mental Health Care Plan OR your private health insurance at any given time, not both.
Who can book in for a session with Dr. Celi?
Men AND women are welcome to book in for counselling. Dr. Celi assist adults older than 18 years of age.
- Trauma events, natural disasters, first responders dealing with trauma – early intervention will help you enormously
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders, including perfectionism
- Grief, loss and mourning
- Adjustment difficulties
- Trauma and PTSD
- Self-confidence and self-esteem concerns
- Frustration and anger management
- Assertive communication skills
- Men’s mental health
Dr. Celi does not offer counselling for children or couples, however referrals to relevant mental health professionals can be provided. If any individual client at some stage needs their partner to participate in 1-2 sessions, this will be discussed for your situation.
For those living outside of Australia, you are still welcome to book online sessions with Dr. Celi as a private, full-fee paying client.
How do I book an appointment?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an initial phone chat where we can book your first session together.
I’ll ask some general questions to get an idea of your situation and how I can best be of help to you. Feel free to prepare a list of questions you’d like to ask me about your sessions.
We’ll determine whether we start face-to-face sessions in Main Beach (if applicable) or go straight to online sessions.
Further information will be emailed to you once we confirm your first appointment.
Find out more on this page about how Telehealth sessions work.
Initial session (90 mins) – $200
This initial session will give Dr. Celi more time to uncover your concerns and for you to ask any questions about our work together.
Subsequent appointments (50 – 59 mins) – $180
Cancellation/rescheduling/non-attendance fee < 48 hours notice: Full fee is due and payable before the next appointment.
What is the payment process?
Payment is made at the end of each session – cash or credit card – with immediate Medicare refund processed. Please come prepared.
How soon can I get my Medicare rebate?
Your Medicare rebate will be processed immediately (within the same session) with confirmation of full payment.
A Medicare rebate of $87.45 is available with a GP or Psychiatrist referral and Mental Health Care Plan for the first 10 sessions (in-person & telehealth) per calendar year.
A Medicare rebate of $87.45 is also currently available with a GP or Psychiatrist referral and Mental Health Care Plan:
- For an additional 10 sessions per calendar year (total 20 sessions per year)
- Face-to-face covid-additional services – rebates available until 30 June 2022
- Telehealth covid-additional services – rebates available until 31 March 2021