Frequently Asked Questions
Here are commonly asked questions about how we logistically manage online psychology sessions.
If you want to clarify anything further, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a phone chat to answer your questions.
- We use secure and clear live video tools to have a face to face discussion through our technology devices.
- While we’re not sitting in the same room, it soon feels like it about 5 minutes into the session.
- All you need is a reliable device with internet connection, web cam and good audio
- It’s a good idea to test out your webcam and audio before your session. Sometimes head phones can make the sound clearer.
Is our session private and secure?
Yes it is.
- Zoom has been chosen as a preferred video conference platform with inbuilt security features.
- Each session you will receive a unique link to join our session. You will receive this link within 24 hours of your appointment time
Do I need any special software for my online counselling session?
- If you are using zoom for the first time, or for the first time with a particular email address, you will need to do a one time “Install” of the Zoom software. It’s very easy.
- When you receive your first link to join our Zoom meeting, click on the link at least 15 minutes before your session time. This will run you through, with clear instructions.
- Don’t worry if you’re early, you’ll be in the Zoom waiting room until I start the session with you. You can do any other work on your computer while you’re waiting, it won’t disconnect you from the waiting room
What if there are issues with my internet connection?
- It’s important to ensure you have a reliable internet connection for the effectiveness of your online counselling.
- If your internet connection is questionable for any reason, consider using the hotspot from your smartphone (assuming you have the data capacity for the full duration)
- Be sure to test out your webcam prior to attending your appointment. Check your computer/device speakers are enabled. Headphones often make sound quality clearer
- I ensure I have your contact number on hand during each session. So that if there are persistent technical problems, we can continue your session via phone
- Please be aware there are no refunds for any reason if you can’t attend your session for technical or other reasons.
What are the fees for psychology sessions?
Your Introductory session (45 minutes) – $150.00 AUD
You can schedule your introductory session above or review more details on the Online Counselling page.
Further details on Medicare rebates are available on the Psychology Sessions page.
What is your cancellation/rescheduling policy?
You can cancel or reschedule an appointment free of charge up to 48 hours before your appointment.
Any appointments cancelled, rescheduled or unattended within 48 hours will incur the full fee, to be paid prior to confirming your next appointment.
If two sessions are rescheduled, cancelled or unattended over the course of your treatment, we will review whether you still require sessions and our booking process going forward.
Please review the refund policy for psychology sessions here.
Do you see DVA clients?
Please check back on this in several weeks as arrangements are in progress.
Clients with a DVA Health Card (Gold & White) are accepted as payment upon providing your GP referral. Please advise if you are a DVA Health Card holder when you book your Introductory session.
Do you see NDIS, WorkCover, TAC, Work Safe or Victims of Crime clients?
Unfortunately, no. Dr. Celi runs a private practice and is unable to provide the resources necessary for these clients.
The Australian Psychological Society online Find-A-Psychologist service, will assist you in finding a psychologist registered with either of these organisations to support and facilitate your requirements.
Do you bulk-bill any psychology sessions?
Only DVA Health Card (Gold and White) holders are bulk billed for psychological therapy sessions.
Beyond this, unfortunately this service is no longer available.
An alternative to consider is obtaining a Mental Health Care Plan with review from your GP or psychiatrist. In presenting this Mental Health Care Plan before your first session with Dr. Celi, you are eligible to claim the appropriate Medicare rebate after full payment of your session.
This can be explained further in your Introductory Call if you are unfamiliar with the process.
Are the sessions recorded?
No they are not.
Telehealth or in-person sessions are strictly forbidden to be recorded by Dr. Elizabeth Celi, clients or other people.
Your privacy, the integrity of each session and the mindful attention required for our consultation, are of paramount importance.
Are our sessions confidential?
I conduct your consultation based on a professional Code of Ethics and Ethical Guidelines. We all appreciate professional and reliable service.
Your privacy and dignity are assured by Dr. Elizabeth Celi and administrative staff. Information is treated with the utmost of confidentiality, unless safety and/or legal circumstances require otherwise, as will be explained to you in your first session and as required.
Please complete this form to request a copy of the psychology session agreement detailing privacy and confidentiality, payment and cancellation policy details and other administrative matters to ensure your sessions proceed smoothly.
Can I speak to someone to clarify some questions?
Of course you can.
Please email Dr. Celi on email@example.com to arrange a mutually convenient time for a 15 minute phone chat.