Frequently Asked Questions
Here are commonly asked questions about how we logistically manage online psychology sessions.
If you want to clarify anything further, please feel free to email email@example.com and we can arrange a phone chat to answer your questions.
- We use secure and clear live video tools to have a face to face discussion through our technology devices.
- While we’re not sitting in the same room, it soon feels like it about 5 minutes into the session.
- If you prefer not to make your way into a clinic for an in-person session, you can enjoy the convenience of having a private session in the convenience of your own space.
- All you need is a reliable device with internet connection, web cam and good audio
- It’s a good idea to test out your webcam and audio before your session. Sometimes head phones can make the sound clearer.
Is our session private and secure?
Yes it is.
- Zoom has been chosen as a preferred video conference platform with inbuilt security features.
- Each session you will receive a unique link to join our session. This comes with it’s own inbuilt password.
- you will receive this link within 24 hours of your appointment time
Do I need any special software for my online counselling session?
- If you are using zoom for the first time, or for the first time with a particular email address, you will need to do a one time “Install” of the Zoom software. It’s very easy.
- When you receive your first link to join our Zoom meeting, click on the link at least 15 minutes before your session time. This will run you through, with clear instructions, on getting zoom integrated with your browser and computer/device
- Don’t worry if you’re early, you’ll be in the Zoom waiting room until I start the session with you. You can do any other work on your computer while you’re waiting, it won’t disconnect you from the waiting room
- After this first time process, it should only take 1-3 minutes to log in to subsequent sessions. Your computer will recognise the link and simply pull up Zoom for your use
What if there are issues with my internet connection?
- It’s important to ensure you have a reliable internet connection for the effectiveness of your online counselling.
- If your internet connection is questionable for any reason, consider using the hotspot from your smartphone (assuming you have the data capacity for the full duration)
- Be sure to test out your webcam prior to attending your appointment. Check your computer/device speakers are enabled. Headphones often make sound quality clearer
- I always ensure I have your contact number on hand during each session. So that if there are persistent technical problems, we can continue your session via phone
- Please be aware there are no refunds for any reason if you can’t attend your session for technical or other reasons.
What are the fees for psychology sessions?
Whether sessions are in-person or online/telehealth, the following fees apply:
- Initial session (90 minutes) – $200
- Subsequent sessions (50-59 minutes) – $180
- Further details on Medicare rebates are available on the Psychology Sessions page.
Are the sessions recorded?
No they are not.
Telehealth or in-person sessions are strictly forbidden to be recorded by Dr. Elizabeth Celi, clients or other people. Your privacy, the integrity of each session and mindful attention required as part of our consultations, are of paramount importance.
What is your cancellation/rescheduling policy?
You can cancel or reschedule an appointment free of charge up to 48 hours before your appointment.
Any appointments cancelled or rescheduled within 48 hours will incur the full fee, to be paid prior to confirming your next appointment,
Please review the refund policy for psychology sessions here.
Are our sessions confidential?
I conduct your consultation based on a professional Code of Ethics and Ethical Guidelines where your privacy and dignity are assured by Dr. Elizabeth Celi and administrative staff. Information is treated with the utmost of confidentiality, unless safety and/or legal circumstances require otherwise, as will be explained to you in your first session and as required.
Please complete this form to request a copy of the psychology session agreement. Please feel free to arrange a call with Dr. Celi to clarify any concerns you may have in this regard and to discuss how your privacy and confidentiality are treated with the highest regard and strictness due diligence.
Can I speak to someone to clarify some questions?
Of course you can.
Please email Dr. Celi on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a mutually convenient time for a phone chat,