If respecting masculinity again is needed, Elizabeth Celi is the 21st century antidote to Germaine Greer.
DR. ELIZABETH CELI, PhD is a Thought Leader and a leading voice for men’s health.
Psychologist and Author, Dr. Celi is also an award-winning speaker and media commentator on men’s mental health and masculinity.
Through regular TV and radio appearances and interviews, workshops, seminars and publications, Dr. Celi helps to debunk the negative myths and stereotypes about men – our fathers, husbands, uncles, grandfathers, sons and brothers.
Elizabeth champions the need for more positive male role models through a renewed appreciation and mutual respect for the strengths and skills of men and masculinity, as they now apply, in the 21st Century.
Elizabeth continues to be encouraged and re-energized by male viewers, listeners and colleagues emailing her with their gratitude, experiences and insights.
Dr. Celi’s professional background and qualifications
A philosophy of quality living
Quality living is the guiding philosophy behind Dr. Celi’s work. The media and some parts of society can often present gender issues in a combative way, as if relationships between men and women are a ‘war zone’.
When Dr. Celi began her focus on men’s wellbeing, she wanted her research and education to stem from a more positive and less divisive place. This is how the concept of quality living came to inform all aspects of her work.
The philosophy behind quality living is not anti-feminist, but it is alternative to some feminism. We recognise that addressing men’s needs, roles and relationships has not always played a significant part in feminist theory or practise and we strongly believe that it is time to redress this gap.
DrCeli.com.au is a website and resource centre established to promote and improve quality of life for all men. Informed by the quality living philosophy, it respects men for who they are and aims to meet men on their own terms, assisting them to fulfil their lives in the best way possible.
DrCeli provides the following services and information:
- One on one, online, Healthier Lifestyle Consultations for
- individual men seeking personal support, counselling and psychological coaching – for individual and coaching package options click here
- mentoring for other active men’s health workers, men’s health coaches and men’s group facilitators who themselves are supporting men on the ground. Dr. Celi provides mentoring on the social psychology and political/feminist landscape informed by her 11 years of men’s health advocacy.
- Media commentary through TV, radio and print interviews – refer Media to date here
- Relevant and informative men’s health and male victims of domestic abuse articles and resources as we continuously shift the paradigm that everyone’s health is valuable and matters in the unique ways it shows itself for each gender.